Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Real Freeze This Time

Ok, that last one was pretty wimpy. Seems the plants hardly noticed. But not this time. Got down to 26 last night. That's a REAL freeze!

I'm sure the basil in the foreground here is done for. Whatever seeds managed to mature in time is all I'm getting. Once they thaw out I'm cutting them down and taking them in to dry. I hope my other plants, like the cauliflower, collards, lettuce, etc. are ok. I didn't do anything to protect them, besides the mulch they already had. I'll see what happens when they thaw out later this afternoon.

With all the moisture in the air from our rain, there was a lot of frost on everything. Here are my peas all covered in delicate frost crystals. Aren't they pretty? I suppose frost crystals are a common sight up north, but I'm still just fascinated by them.

So it's really winter now!

No comments:

Post a Comment