Saturday, April 11, 2015

This Blog will Return

Wow, I haven't posted since January? I didn't realize it had been that long.

I have a confession to make: Posting to this blog had become boring and tedious for me, so I quit for a while. When I first started this blog, I was unemployed, so I had a lot more time on my hands for blogging. Now that I'm employed full-time, I've been having trouble keeping up with taking care of my vegetable garden (especially during the busy spring planting season), so blogging about it took an even lower priority.

I don't plan on giving up on this blog, but I am rethinking how I approach it. Maybe there are more interesting things I can write about than just monthly garden updates. Perhaps I can talk more about the issues that draw me to gardening to begin with like sustainability, local food, genetic preservation, etc. Oh, and I must not leave out the part about having delicious home-grown food!

I don't know how long this break will be for, but I'll try to not make it too much longer. Maybe once I get all my hot-weather plants planted I'll have more time for writing. Right now I'm still scrambling to get all my tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers in the ground so they'll have time to mature before the really hot summer weather sets in.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment