Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Dad: July 3, 1949 - March 27, 2014


My dad lost his battle with cancer last week, which is why I missed posting a garden update for the last full moon and the spring equinox. That was around when he took a turn for the worse and was hospitalized, and he only lived a few more days after that. I was able to travel up to the DFW area to be with him when he died, so I'm grateful for that.

While all this was happening, the irises my mother-in-law gave me about two years ago finally bloomed, and the bluebonnets are out in full force. As you can see from the picture, the irises are so heavy with flowers we had to stake them up. It seems strange for him to die in the midst of all this new spring life. The spring equinox is usually one of my favorite times of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment